Feminist Dalit Organization (FEDO) is one of the leading Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Nepal, working since past 26 years for the empowerment of Dalit women through their social and economic transformation. It has been working to increase access to basic needs, education, health and sanitation, providing Dalit women with various economic opportunities, skill and leadership development trainings, among others to ultimately combat the existing caste-based and gender-based discriminations and violence. FEDO is doing this through activism, advocacy and policy engagement. It incorporates the issues of Dalit women and the entire Dalit community vowing for a just and equitable society. FEDO has a nationwide network and member based organization, having 56 district chapters in all seven provinces of Nepal. It has over 2154 women’s groups with about 53,850 Dalit women group members and 812 frontline women leaders united, organized and mobilized to fight against caste and gender-based discrimination at all levels. FEDO has a partnership with a number of donors, government agencies and development agencies and is committed to further expanding its funding base.
No. of Position: 1
Terms & Conditions: Fixed Term contract till 31 September 2022 (possibility of extension upon project extension)
Location: Central Office, Lalitpur (Field visit – 20 %)
- Provide administrative, financial and logistic support for the implementation of the project
- Ensure accuracy and quality of consortium partner’s financial report
- Collect timely report from the consortium partners, compile them, prepare monthly/quarterly financial reports and submit to donor within the deadline.
- Prepare quarterly budget forecast for the project and timely submit the fund request to donor for the smooth operation of the project activities.
- Timely release of fund to consortium partners and district offices.
- Manage internal and external audit of organization ensuring this takes place on time and that appropriate reporting and communication of findings takes place
- Support procurement management process through development of annual procurement plan and maintaining documentation process
- Develop and maintain relationship with Donors/Partners, Banks, Vendors, Line agencies, Communities, project staff and other central office staffs and central and district committee members to facilitate good financial management processes.
- Management of routine organizational costs through verification of invoice payment and accuracy and salary disbursal
- Ensure all central and district programme staffs are fully oriented to requirements for financial documentation and settlement and carry out checks, including through field monitoring visits. that the correct financial standards and procedures are followed across the organization
- Manage assets register, carrying out physical verification of assets according to Financial and Administration Regulations and ensure accuracy of non-recurring items stock book
- Prepare and maintain personal file for each staff member and manage leave records.
- Supervise finance and administrative section subordinate staff ensuring work standards, team building and capacity development.
- Support the preparation of periodic summary financial report and its presentation to the Central Executive Committee
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Management with at least 3 years of working experience in development organizations.
- Experience in management of consortium partners is preferred.
- Understanding of GON rules and regulations, acts and policies regarding non-profit/social sector associations and good knowledge of non-profit sector financial management
- Knowledge of budget preparation, financial reports, understanding of taxation rules
- Sound communication and interpersonal skill
- Sound knowledge of accounting software, office application software packages
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned required qualification and experience can apply by sending an application letter mentioning the position that you are applying for and expected salary with an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17th February 2022.
FEDO reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole requirement process without any reasons whatsoever.