Why Feminist Dalit organization?
- To eliminate caste and gender based discrimination
- For meaningful participation and representation of Dalit women in all levels of state mechanism
- For awareness, and empowerment of Dalit women through sensitization.
- Ensuring the rights of Dalit women in public and political Spheres.
- Lobby and advocacy for Dalit women’s favorable policy and program
When and who formed Feminist Dalit Organization?
Feminist Dalit Organization (FEDO) was founded in 1994 by a group of Dalit women, who were concerned about the oppressed status of Dalit women in Nepal.
What FEDO Does?
- Works from grassroots to the policy levels
- Implements regular programs as well as projects
- Partnerships and alliance building
- Coordination and Collaboration with government and other concerned stakeholders
- Institutional capacity building
How FEDO was formed?
Started with literacy cum awareness classes to unorganized Dalit women, it has grown up to be national organization with the activities covering different aspects of Dalit women, girls simultaneously against caste and gender discrimination throughout the nation.