Find us on



Earthquake Relief Support 2015

Publications





E-Bulletin


Latest E-Bulletin

Contact Info


Feminist Dalit Organization
(FEDO)


Kupondol, Lalitpur, Nepal.
G.P.O. Box No.: 4366, Ktm.

Tel: +977-01-5520982, 5543986
Fax: +977-01-5520982
Email: dms@fedo.wlink.com.np

Earthquake Relief Support 2015


The FEDO's team (Senior Board Member Ms. Renu Sijapati, Executive Director Mr. Bhim Bahadur BK, and Emergency Support Officer Mr. Buddhi Bal Magarati and Womankind World wide-UK Program Manager for Nepal Ms. Wendy has visited to one of the FEDO's temporary shelter construction site, yesterday 10 September 2015. Total 150 temporary shelters has constructed with the support of FEDO's earthquake emergency support project which was financially supported by Womankind Worldwide UK.

Koshidekha is one of the severely affected Village Development Committee (VDC) of Kavrepalenchowk district. In total almost 70 percent of the shelters belongs to Dalit community (Bishowkarma and Mijar) and remaining 30 percent was others community (Janajati, Chhetri and Bramhin).

During the monitoring visit the team visited vulnerable family households who were severely affected through massive earthquake of 25 April and frequently aftershocks. Mostly FEDO's focus was to support vulnerable family households i.e. disable, single women, old age women family. After the monitoring visit the team has organized an interaction program with the close participation of local survivor's who were severely affected. The monitoring team has appreciated and welcomed with beautiful Flowers and Tika by the local survivors. The villagers were so happy and they shared that horrible and terrible disaster which has faced and gone through. Mrs. Putali Bk (Old age and single women) survivors thanks to the team for providing hear a temporary shelter. She express that the life was so uneasy and insecure for her after getting the support from the FEDO, she is staying with full of confident and safe. 

Welcome to FEDO




FEDO is a national level Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 1994 to establish the rights of Dalit women by organizing and empowering them for their mainstreaming into national development. [+ read more]

Latest Video




Photo Gallery




Donors Profile