Find us on
Since its inception, FEDO has:
• Had received international level recognition of Dalit issues by funders through its participation in international forums, seminars, and workshops.
• Had the Government of Nepal recognize Dalit issues as an important issue that needs to be incorporated in policy and practise.
• Mobilized over 15,000 Dalit women in women's groups.
• Advocated and lobbied for the 25 Dalit women who were the first ever Dalit women elected to the Constituent Assembly (CA). Five of the CA members were also actively involved in FEDO.
• Been awarded the "Tulashi Mehar Samaj Sewa" prize by the Social Welfare Council for the best Nepalese NGO.
• Helped Dalit women get elected to Village Development Committees,
School Management Committees, and Forest User Groups.
• Been nominated to be a member of various forums of the Nepalese government such as the Women's Development Department, the Social Welfare Council, and the Ministry of Education.
• Been recognized nationally and internationally through its participation in six national, three international, and multiple local level pressure groups and alliances.
• Successfully expanded its chapters to 50 districts in Nepal .
FEDO is a national level Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 1994 to establish the rights of Dalit women by organizing and empowering them for their mainstreaming into national development. [+ read more]
- Global fund for Women
- International Movement Against All Forms of Discrimination and Racism (IMADR)
- European Union (EU)
- Womankind Worldwide
- WaterAid Nepal
- Open Society Foundation (OSF)
- World Bank/CECI
- Australian Embassy
- DanChurch Aid (DCA)